What is Projex Damtec Sub-Ballast Matting (SBM)
The Projex Damtec Sub-Ballast Matting (SBM) is an isolation and protection mat for all types of railway construction & infrastructure maintenance in heavy rail, heavy haul rail, high speed, rapid transit and light rail networks / systems.
The SBM mat absorbs vibrations and considerably reduces acoustic emissions as well as structure-borne sound transmissions. It protects sub-grade formation and reduces frequency of the ballast maintenance requirement(s) through reduced vibration and better-balanced loading.
Projex Damtec Sub-Ballast Matting Models and Complementary Product
Projex Damtec SBM is available in 3 different thicknesses:
- SBM Roll 10mm Thick
- SBM Roll 15mm Thick
- SBM Roll 20mm Thick
Projex SBM Joining Tape (1mm x 100mm x 20m)
The tape must be used at all time to join the rolls of SBM together and complete the entire system.
Why use the Projex Damtec Sub-Ballast Mat?
- German manufactured, superior performance
- Proven and tested technology
- Extremely cost effective
- Easy installation
- Environment – friendly
- Stock held in Australia
- Range of dynamic static stiffness applicable to different track requirements and applications
- Complies with quality, regulatory & engineering standards
- Manufactured from recycled rubber
- Extremely tough & durable
- High kinetic energy absorption
- Ideal for the insulation of acoustic & vibration emissions
- Protects the sensitive sealing (waterproofing) layer against damage from ballast
- Reduces structure-borne noise and secondary air-borne noise
- Protects adjacent buildings by reducing vibrations
- Prolongs the lifetime of the ballast
- Permeable to water
- Position and level of the track remain stable in long term
- High level of elasticity allowing for the absorption of undulations in the bedding layer
- Can be used for mass spring systems - uncomplicated installation
- High degree of performance with axle loads in excess of 40 TAL
Choose what the world’s best railway networks use
Projex Group has over 25 years experience in servicing the domestic railway industry working closely with many public and privately owned railway networks. During this time we have liased with operators, engineers, project managers and contractors in specifying and supplying Projex Damtec Sub-Ballast Matting Australia wide.
The Projex Damtec Sub-Ballast Matting can also be manufactured specifically to suit individual job/client requirements and infrastructure applications.Enquire Now