What is Wolfin Waterproof Membrane?
Manufactured in Germany, Wolfin Waterproofing Systems are a single ply high polymer roofing & waterproofing sheet membrane that are environmentally friendly, recyclable, UV Stable & available in two versions: Loose-Laid (IB) and Bonded (GWSK).
The membranes are a unique combination of Polyester/PVC, which exhibit excellent characteristics including:
- excellent chemical resistance
- up to 350% elongation
- bitumen compatible
- root resistant-tested
For more than five decades Wolfin Membranes has counted among the leading manufacturers of waterproofing systems worldwide. The formulation has remained unchanged through this time & is regulated and monitored by external institutes to ensure it meets European PVC standards.
The Wolfin Membrane system comprises of a single layer homogenous/uniform (not laminated) sheet membrane, combined with factory bonded steel profiles, cast in reglets, pre-made corners & PVC welding solvent to create “The Complete Waterproofing System”.
All Wolfin products are designed to meet the highest demands for buildings and provide maximum long-term water protection for the structure. Wolfin has been extensively used in Australia since the late 1980’s & covered millions of square metres in all climatic zones of our planet.
Wolfin Membranes have been regularly used for the waterproofing of Residential, Commercial & Industrial applications including:
- Roofs, Green Roofs & Landscaped Areas (FLL Certified)
- Podium Slabs
- Planter Boxes
- Lift Pits
- Potable Water Tanks
- Detention, Retention, Header & Dump Tanks
The membranes are suitable for most applied finishes installed over them including tiles, wearing slabs, pavers on pads, landscaped areas and can be installed over damp substrates.
Wolfin membranes can be applied to most substrates including concrete, timber, steel, CFC, masonry blockwork etc. All junctions & overlaps of the membrane are hot air welded, UV stable, suitable for recycling and have exceptional chemical resistance.
Every Wolfin installation is inspected & signed off by Wolfin Membranes Australia resulting in a Single Point Warranty on Labour & Materials issued to the building owner.
Wolfin Membrane Products
|Wolfin IB||Wolfin GWSK|
|(unreinforced) 1.5 mm||(reinforced, self-adhesive) 2.3mm|
|Colours : light grey or black||Colours : light grey or black|
The Complete Wolfin System:
24 gge galvanised steel with 0.8 mm layer of Wolfin Membrane factory bonded to one side and available in 2m lengths. Profiles are used to terminate & secure the membrane and are available in 5 standard shapes off the shelf or can be custom made as required. The membrane is welded directly to the Wolfinsteel & all fixings are encapsulated. They are available in Light Grey or Black & can be painted if required.
316L Wolfinsteel Profiles:
This is the same as the Wolfinsteel above but the steel used is 316L Low-Carbon Stainless Steel. This variant of the Wolfinsteel is used where there are particularly severe corrosion/chemical issues. Black only.
An extruded section of Wolfin IB, which is placed onto the formwork & cast into the concrete The AF6 is a cast in termination for the membrane which also acts as a waterstop. Can be used in footings, hobs etc.
Preformed Internal and External corners for a tighter neater look. The Wolfin membrane welds direct to the corners.
Wolfinator is a structural grade adhesive that has been specially formulated for the bonding of Wolfinsteel to non-absorbent substrates including metals, ceramics, glass, etc. It will also adhere to slightly damp substrates.
The Universal Pins are the solution for fastening items directly to the Wolfin Membrane without piercing the membrane itself. The pin has an 80mm diameter base plate, which is made of Wolfin membrane (with a protruding 25mm vertical threaded bar and locking nuts) and can be welded directly to any Wolfin membrane system.
Tetrahydrafuran cold welding solvent, for cold welding membrane overlaps & membrane connections to PVC pipes.
Benefits in using the Wolfin Waterproofing System:
- Single Point Warranty (Labour & Materials)
- Suitable for installation over most substrates
- Free of Toxins and Heavy Metals
- Superior Chemical Resistance
- Only installed by Trained and Accredited Wolfin Applicators
- Manufactured in Germany
- Complete Ancillary System
- Plant Root Resistant – Certified Root Proof (FLL Tested & DIN EN 13948)
- Hot Air Welded Overlaps/Connections
- Service Temperature Range -25C – +85C
- Can be applied directly over failed membranes incl. Bitumen
- Suitable for New & Remedial Applications
- Up to 350% Elongation
- UV Stable-Suitable for Exposed Roofdecks
- High Tear Strength
- Proven Long-Life (> 30 years)
- 100% Recyclable / Eco-friendly
Why Architects Prefer Wolfin?
- Wolfin Waterproofing Membrane is the preferred trusted system to meet high standard designs and provide long-term protection to the structures.
- When specifying the Wolfin Waterproofing system, architects get access to the highest quality of service including design, specification, job specific detail drawings and on site support.
- Wolfin Membrane is only installed by Trained & Accredited Licensed Wolfin Applicators
- Wolfin Waterproofing system comes with an unrivalled single point warranty on both Labour and Materials issued by Wolfin Membranes Australia Pty Ltd.
- Every Wolfin installation is inspected and certified.