Where Can Wolfin Membranes Be Used?
Wolfin Membranes are the long term waterproofing solution for new & remedial works. Whether it is exposed, underwater, buried, tiled etc, Wolfin guarantees that every installation is waterproof & backed by a Single Point Warranty for Labour and Materials. It is also approved for potable water use.
The Wolfin Membrane system can be installed on concrete, timber, steel, masonry, blockwork, CFC, old bitumen roofs and over most membranes, usually without removing the failed system.
Wolfin is suitable & recommended for installation to the following areas:
- Roofs decks
- Exposed, ballasted, insulated
- Green roofs (FLL Certified)
- Balconies (Under Tiles & Pavers)
- Terraces (Under Tiles & Pavers)
- Planter boxes
- Landscaped areas (FLL Certified)
- Green walls
- Retaining walls
- Gutters – or as a pre-made gutter
- Carpark and driveway-(Asphalt can be installed directly over the membrane)
- Under-slab (even under high pressure)
- Lift pits
- Expansion joints
- Tunnel walls and bunkers
- Fountains and water features
- Sewage tanks
- Battery bundings
- Water envelopes
- Water detention tanks
- Podium slabs
- Oil bundliners
For over 50 years, Wolfin Membranes have been successfully installed in Europe, UK, Middle East, South East Asia and Australia in both new and rectification situations.
- Flat Roofs
- Cavity Flashings
The following finishes are suitable to be installed over the Wolfing Membranes System: tiles on screeds, pavers on pads, concrete toppings, wearing slabs, insulated roofs, ballast etc.
Wolfing IB and GSWK membranes are UV Stable, can be laid over damp substrates & are extremely flexible with up to 350% elongation. In cases where remedial works are required, Wolfin Membranes can be installed directly over failed membranes including those manufactured from bitumen.
2- Green Applications
- Green Roofs
- Landscape Areas
- Planter Boxes
- Green Walls
Green roofs, rooftop gardens & landscaped areas can place higher demands on the waterproofing system, due to water retention on the roof & the possibility of roots penetrating the waterproof membrane.
Make sure the membrane you choose is fit for the purpose & ticks the following boxes;
- Root Resistant (FLL Tested & Certified)
- Ensure the supplier inspects the installation and signs off the completed works as per installation specifications
- Proven track record for these applications
- Only installed by licensed & accredited applicators for that product
- Not affected by standing water
The Wolfin Membrane system possesses all these attributes plus more, making it ideal for these critical applications.
3- Underground Applications & Water Features
- Basements and Tanking
- Retaining Walls
- Detention, Retention, Header and Dump Tanks
- Potable Water Tanks
The Wolfin system exhibits the following characteristics for use in these areas;
- Can be installed over damp substrates
- Up to 350% elongation
- Outstanding chemical resistance
- Potable water applications
- No curing – tanks, fountains & retaining walls can be put into service immediately after completion of membrane works
4- Special Applications
Coastal & Chemical
The Wolfin Membrane System can be used in aggressive environments such as chemical or coastal applications.
The membrane has excellent chemical resistance & also uses factory bonded profiles manufactured from 316L Stainless Steel to provide the required long-term protection against the elements & ensure the structure remains waterproofed.
Wolfin waterproof membranes can also be used for curved installations roofs, basements, balconies, etc.
Who can install Wolfin Membrane System?
As part of our quality standards, Wolfin Membranes can only be installed by Licensed Wolfin Applicators who have completed our extensive training, have been certified & accredited as a Licensed Wolfin Applicator.
The Quality Assurance and EXTRA Services that comes with Wolfin include:
- Inspection & sign-off by Wolfin Membranes Australia of every single Wolfin Installation
- Strictly Controlled Detailing Work
- Application only installed by Licensed, Experienced and Accredited Wolfin Applicators
- Technical Inputs, Cad-Drawings and on-site Support when required
- Single Point Warranty on both labour and material issued by the Supplier and fully supported by the Manufacturer.
All the above are UNIQUE to Wolfin Installations
By Specifying or choosing The Wolfin Membrane System, you are protecting your building and buying extra peace of mind.